A new map of the English empire in the ocean of America or West Indies / revis'd by I. Senex ; I. Harris sculp.
- A new map of the English empire in the ocean of America or West Indies / revis'd by I. Senex ; I. Harris sculp.
- Alternative Title
- A new map of the island of Jamaica
- Senex, John, d. 1740
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- [London :
A generall chart of the West Indies -- Barbados [and] Bermudos with inset: St. Michaels or the Bridge Town -- Tobago -- Antego -- St. Christophers -- A new map of the Island of Jamaica with inset: The harour [i.e., harbour] of Port Royall.
Except for the general chart and the inset of St. Michaels, each map has a bar scale. The maps of Barbados, Bemudos, Tobago, Antego and St. Christophers also have latitude values. The general chart and the map of Jamaica have latitude and longitude figures in the margins.
From Senex's A new general atlas ... London : Printed for Daniel Brown ..., 1721.
Includes bar scales in English miles.
Mounted on linen. Cross Collection no. 241.
Relief shown pictorially.
- 7 maps on 1 sheet : hand col. ; on sheet 54.6 x 63.5 cm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Scales vary.
- Call Number
- 85 1721
- Container / Volume Information
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement
- Orbis Record