A map of the British Empire in America, with the French and Spanish settlements adjacent thereto / by Henry Popple.
- A map of the British Empire in America, with the French and Spanish settlements adjacent thereto / by Henry Popple.
- Alternative Title
- America Septentrionalis., Sir Charles Wager's engagement with the fleet of Spanish men of war and galeons off of Cartagena., and Sr. Charles Wager's engagement with the fleet of Spanish men of war and galeons off of Cartagena.
- Popple, Henry, -1743
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- London :
- Sold by S. Harding ... and by W.H. Toms, engraver ...,
"C. Lemprière, inv. & del., B. Baron, sculp." cf. plate 17.
"London engraved by Willm. Henry Toms, 1733 " cf. plate 20.
Accompanied by text: The contents of each sheet of the twenty plates of Mr. Popple's Map of America. 25 cm.
Cross Collection no. 313.
First issued in 1732.
Includes 22 insets, ill., and text.
Includes 4 views, 18 insets, view of "Sr. Charles Wager's engagement with the fleet of Spanish men of war ...," and descriptive notes.
Relief shown pictorially. Depths shown by soundings.
Sheet 18: "Sr. Charles Wager's engagement ..." Sheet measures 53.4 x 72.0 cm.
Title in top margin of key map: America Septentrionalis.
Title taken from plate 20.
- 1 map in 20 sections : hand col. ; sheets 53 x 72 cm. or smaller, bound 53 x 41 cm. + 1 key map (48 x 47 cm.)
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Scale not given.
- Call Number
- 89 1720
- Container / Volume Information
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Resource Type
- Maps, Atlases & Globes
- Subject (Geographic)
Great Britain--Colonies--America--Maps--Early works to 1800
North America--Maps--Early works to 1800
- Subject (Name)
Baron, Bernard, 1696-1762
Harding, S., fl. 1724-1741
Toms, W. H. (William Henry), approximately 1700-approximately 1750
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement
- Lowery, 337, 338, Sabin, 64140, and Tooley, R.V. Mapping of America, p. 315
- Orbis Record