A new map of the whole continent of America : divided into North and South and West Indies wherein are exactly described the United States of North America as well as the several European possessions according to the preliminaries of peace signed at Versa
- A new map of the whole continent of America : divided into North and South and West Indies wherein are exactly described the United States of North America as well as the several European possessions according to the preliminaries of peace signed at Versa
- Anville, Jean Baptiste Bourguignon d', 1697-1782
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- London :
- Laurie & Whittle,
"Publish'd by Laurie & Whittle, No. 53 Fleet Street, as the Act directs, 12th May 1794."
Appears in Thomas Kitchin's General atlas, describing the whole universe.
Copy 3: Joined into two sheets measuring 54.7 x 123.5 cm. and 54.6 x 123.4 cm. Stamped number on top sheet: 32. Stamped number on top sheet: 33. Franklin Collection no. 131 1794 13-14.
Includes table, "The Continent and Islands of America are Divided and Possessed as follows viz."
Inset: The supplement to North America containing the countries adjoining to Baffins & Hudson bays.
Prime meridian: Ferro.
Re-issue of John Gibson's map of , 1772, 1777, 1783, and 1786.
Relief shown pictorially.
Shows the Western Hemisphere with some political borders, tabular information indicates national possessions; cities and rivers.
Title from ornamental cartouche.
- 1 map on 4 sheets : hand col. ; 102.8 x 118.2 cm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Scale [ca. 1:13,000,000].
- 13000000 and a
- Call Number
- 70 1794
- Container / Volume Information
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Resource Type
- Maps, Atlases & Globes
- Subject (Geographic)
America--Maps--Early works to 1800
West Indies--Maps--Early works to 1800
- Subject (Name)
Gibson, J. (John)
Kitchin, Thomas, d. 1784. General atlas describing the whole universe
Pownall, Thomas, 1722-1805
Robert Laurie and James Whittle
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement
Phillips, 699, no. 65-66
Tooley, R.V. Mapping of America, p. 52, no. 3 (1794 f)
- Orbis Record