A map of the British and French dominions in North America : with the roads, distances, limits, and extent of the settlements, humbly inscribed to the Right Honourable the Earl of Halifax, and the other Right Honourable the Lords Commissioners for Trade &
- A map of the British and French dominions in North America : with the roads, distances, limits, and extent of the settlements, humbly inscribed to the Right Honourable the Earl of Halifax, and the other Right Honourable the Lords Commissioners for Trade &
- Mitchell, John, 1711-1768
- Published / Created
- Copyright Date
- Publication Place
- [London] :
- Publish'd by the author Febry 13th, 1755 according to the act of Parliament, and sold by And. Miller, opposite Katherine Street in the Strand,
First edition, first issue with Millar's name and Katharine Street in imprint misspelled Miller and Katherine, respectively. Two cities in Massachusetts are named Leicester, and none is named Worcester.
For a description of different editions and impressions, see the Osher Map Library (http://oshermaps.org/special-map-exhibits/mitchell-map/cartographic-notes).
Includes text and inset "A new map of Hudson's Bay and Labrador from the late survey of those coasts."
Prime meridian: London.
Relief shown pictorially.
- 1 map on 8 sheets ; sheets 73 x 55 cm or smaller
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Scale approximately 1:2,000,000
- (W 106°55ʹ--W 50°55ʹ/N 52°20ʹ--N 28°10ʹ)., 028.166667, -050.916667, 052.333333, -106.916667, 2000000, and a
- [First edition, first issue].
- Call Number
- 71 1755D
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Resource Type
- Maps, Atlases & Globes
- Subject (Geographic)
France--Colonies--America--Maps--Early works to 1800
Great Britain--Colonies--America--Maps--Early works to 1800
North America--Maps--Early works to 1800
- Subject (Name)
Kitchin, Thomas, 1718-1784
Millar, Andrew, 1705-1768
- Subject (Topic)
- British--America--Maps--Early works to 1800.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement
- Cumming, W.P. Southeast in early maps, 293, and p. 25-26, McCorkle, B.B. Early printed maps of New England 1513-1800, 755.31, and Ristow, W. A la carte, page 109
- Orbis Record