A new map of North America with the West India Islands : divided according to the preliminary articles of peace, signed at Versailles, 20 Jan. 1783, wherein are particularly distinguished the United States, and the several provinces, governments &ca which
- A new map of North America with the West India Islands : divided according to the preliminary articles of peace, signed at Versailles, 20 Jan. 1783, wherein are particularly distinguished the United States, and the several provinces, governments &ca which
- Pownall, Thomas, 1722-1805
- Published / Created
- 12th May 1794.
- Copyright Date
- 12th May 1794.
- Publication Place
- London :
- Publish'd by Laurie & Whittle, No. 53 Fleet Street,
Copy 2: Imperfect: two southern sheets wanting. Borders hand colored. Dissected and mounted on linen, 50 x 115 cm. Stamp on verso, "Yale University Library, Karpinski-Von Wieser Map Collection."
Copy 2: Watermarks. Borders hand colored. Stamp on verso of northern sheets: 34. Stamp on verso of southern sheets: 35. Manuscript annotations in 20th century hand on verso of northern sheets.
Insets: A particular map of Baffin and Hudson's Bay -- The passage by land to California.
Prime meridians: London and Ferro.
Relief shown pictorially.
- 1 map on 4 sheets : hand colored ; 100 x 115 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Scale approximately 1:5,000,000
- (W 115°00ʹ--W 45°00ʹ/N 55°00ʹ--N 5°00ʹ)., 005.000000, -045.000000, 055.000000, -115.000000, 5000000, and a
- Call Number
- 71 1794P
- Container / Volume Information
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement
List of maps of America in the Library of Congress, page 594
Wheat, C. I. Mapping Transmississippi West, I, no. 226
- Orbis Record