Expositio in canticum canticorum (fragment).
- Expositio in canticum canticorum (fragment).
- Gregory I, Pope, ca. 540-604
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- Manuscript fragment on parchment of Gregory the Great's Expositio in canticum canticorum, containing points 7, 9, and 14.
Contained in Zi +7157 2 (Ovid, Opera) as a pastedown extending over the interior surface of both the front and back boards.
Decoration: rubrics and initials in red.
Script: written in caroline minuscule.
- ff. 1-4 : parchment ; 287 x 185 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Zi +7157 2
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Manuscript waste (Binding)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Italy--12th century
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Gregory--I,--Pope,--approximately 540-604
- Subject (Topic)
Bible.--Song of Solomon--Commentaries
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscript Fragments in Beinecke Library
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement
- Gregory the Great, Expositio in canticum canticorum (fragment). General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record