British resentment, or, The French fairly coopt at Louisbourg [graphic]
Lewis Walpole Library > British resentment, or, The French fairly coopt at Louisbourg [graphic]
- British resentment, or, The French fairly coopt at Louisbourg [graphic]
- Alternative Title
French fairly coopt at Louisbourg
French fairly cooped at Louisbourg
- June, John, printmaker
- Boitard, Louis-Philippe, active 1733-1770, artist.
- Published / Created
- publish'd according to act of Parliament, 25 Sepbr. 1755.
- Publication Place
- Printed for J. Bowles in St. Pauls Church Yard, and Jno. Bowles & Son, in Cornhil [sic]
Title etched abovce image.
Temporary local subject terms: Blockades: Louisbourg, 1755 -- Coops: Frenchmen imprisoned in a coop -- American Indians -- Mythology: Neptune -- Mars -- Monuments -- British Lion -- Eclipses: eclipse of British arms over French arms -- America: boat falling down Niagara Falls -- Mottoes -- Colonies: America.
- 1 print : plate mark 25.3 x 34.4 cm, on sheet 26 x 36 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been no.
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Military uniforms British
Satires (Visual works) England 1755
Engravings England London 1755
Etchings England London 1755
- etching & engraving ; and wove paper.
- Resource Type
- still image
- Subject (Topic)
- Britannia (Symbolic character)
Britannia (Symbolic character)
England > 1755
England > London > 1755
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)