[The tribune at Strawberry Hill] [art original].
Lewis Walpole Library > [The tribune at Strawberry Hill] [art original].
- [The tribune at Strawberry Hill] [art original].
- Carter, John, 1748-1817 artist
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- Strawberry Hill?
Watercolor of the Tribune at Horace Walpole's home, Strawberry Hill in Twickenham
John Carter (1748-1817), British draughtsman and antiquarian.
Title devised by curator. Formerly attributed to Edward Edwards.
Exhibited in 1789. See The Royal Academy of Arts / Algernon Graves. London : Henry Graves and Co., Ltd., 1905, p. 4.
- 1 drawing : 59.2 x 49.5 cm, framed to 62 x 51 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been no.
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
- SH Views C323 no.1 Framed, shelved in LFS Bin 45
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Watercolors British 18th century
- watercolor ; and laid paper 23.25 x 19.5 in., mount: 23.75 x 19 11/16 in.
- Resource Type
- still image
- Subject (Geographic)
- Subject (Name)
- Strawberry Hill (Twickenham, London, England)
- Subject (Topic)
Strawberry Hill (Twickenham, London, England) > Pictorial works
Houses > England > Twickenham
Interiors > England > Twickenham
British > 18th century
Walpole, Horace, 1717-1797 > Ownership
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- John Carter, The Tribune at Strawberry Hill. The Lewis Walpole Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)