[Strolling actresses dressing in a barn] [graphic]
Lewis Walpole Library > [Strolling actresses dressing in a barn] [graphic]
- [Strolling actresses dressing in a barn] [graphic]
- Hogarth, William, 1697-1764, printmaker
- Hogarth, William, 1697-1764, artist, printmaker.
- Published / Created
- [25 March 1738]
- Publication Place
- Wm. Hogarth
"Nine actresses and four child actors dressed as classical deities preparing for a performance; among props and costumes are kittens playing with an orb and lyre, a monkey urinating in a helmet and a baby being fed by a child dressed as an eagle."--British Museum online catalogue
- Title and state from Paulson.
- 1 print : plate mark 455 x 570 mm, on sheet 476 x 612 mm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been no.
- [State 4].
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
- Sotheby 38++ Box 310
- Collection Title
- Plate 38. Queen Charlotte's collection of Hogarth works.
- Collection/Other Creator
- Charlotte, Queen, consort of George III, King of Great Britain, 1744-1818, collector.
- Collection Date
- [England], [1732-1764]
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Satires (Visual works) England 1738
Engravings England London 1738
- etching and engraving ; and laid paper.
- Resource Type
- still image
- Subject (Topic)
England > 1738
England > London > 1738
Steevens, George, 1736-1800 > Ownership
Perrins, Charles William Dyson, 1864-1958 > Ownership
Sotheby, Frederick Edward, 1837-1909 > Ownership
Charlotte, Queen, consort of George III, King of Great Britain, 1744-1818 > Ownership
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)