[Arms of John Holland, herald painter] [graphic].
Lewis Walpole Library > [Arms of John Holland, herald painter] [graphic].
- [Arms of John Holland, herald painter] [graphic].
- Hogarth, William, 1697-1764, printmaker
- Hogarth, William, 1697-1764, artist.
- Published / Created
- [between 1759 and 1761]
- Publication Place
- Wm. Hogarth
"Bookplate of John Holland; a woman with a helmet and a spear, holding a shield with the arms of the herald painter John Holland, depicting a lion surrounded by eight fleurs-de lis, three putti in the foreground, one putto holding a crown with a lion by the window at left."--British Museum online catalogue
Title, state, printmaker, and date from Paulson.
Sheet trimmed within plate mark.
- 1 print : sheet 11.7 x 10.6 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been no.
- [State 3].
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
- Kinnaird 76K(f) Box 120
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Engravings England London 1759
Etchings England London 1759
- etching with engraving ; and laid paper.
- Resource Type
- still image
- Subject (Name)
- Holland, John -approximately 1760.
- Subject (Topic)
- Coats of arms
Holland, John -approximately 1760
Coats of arms
England > London > 1759
Kinnaird, Charles Kinnaird, Baron, 1780-1826 > Ownership
Steevens, George, 1736-1800 > Ownership
Perrins, Charles William Dyson, 1864-1958 > Ownership
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)