[Francesco Cleyn] [art original]
Lewis Walpole Library > [Francesco Cleyn] [art original]
- [Francesco Cleyn] [art original]
- Alternative Title
- Francis Cleyn
- Vertue, George, 1684-1756
- Published / Created
- [between 1720 and 1756?]
- Publication Place
Drawing of Francis Cleyn, formerly Franz Klein, painter and tapestry designer born in German and raised at the Danish court. After travelling in Italy, he moved to England in 1623 and worked in the Court of Charles I.
Title supplied by cataloger.
Drawing that was used as a basis for an engraving of Cleyn in: Anecdotes of painting in England / by Mr. Horace Walpole. [Strawberry-Hill] : Printed by Thomas Farmer at Strawberry-Hill, MDCCLXII , v. 2, opp. p. 127.
George Vertue, English artist, 1684-1756.
- 1 drawing : sheet 12.7 x 12 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been no.
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
- Folio 49 3664.3
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Ink drawings British 18th century
Graphite drawings British 18th century
- pen and ink and pencil ; and laid paper.
- Resource Type
- still image
- Subject (Name)
- Cleyn, Franz, 1590?-1658,
- Subject (Topic)
Cleyn, Franz, 1590?-1658
Artists > German
British > 18th century
Walpole, Horace, 1717-1797 > Ownership
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- George Vertue, Francesco Cleyn. The Lewis Walpole Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)