Nicholas Stone Junr. statuary and architect, ob. 165 [art original].
Lewis Walpole Library > Nicholas Stone Junr. statuary and architect, ob. 165 [art original].
- Nicholas Stone Junr. statuary and architect, ob. 165 [art original].
- Alternative Title
- Nicholas Stone junior statuary and architect
- Vertue, George, 1684-1756
- Published / Created
- [between 1720 and 1756?]
- Publication Place
Drawing of Nicholas Stone Junior (bap. 1618-1674), English, sculptor and architect, second son of Nicholas Stone Senior (1585-1657).
Title from inscription in ink below image on mount.
Inscription in ink, above oval image: This may be Nicholas Stone Jun. Painted at Rome ano. 1638 as he mentions in his journal.
Inscription in ink, below oval image: a sketch of a head pianted in Oyl in an oval. Sold in Mr. Gibbons [illegible] sale, called Mr. Stone.
Drawing that was used as a basis for an engraving of Stone in: Anecdotes of painting in England / by Mr. Horace Walpole. [Strawberry-Hill] : Printed by Thomas Farmer at Strawberry-Hill, MDCCLXII , v. 2, opp. p. 23.
George Vertue, English artist, 1684-1756.
- 1 drawing : oval image 9.5 x 8 cm, on sheet 11 x 10 cm, mounted on sheet 12.5 x 11 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been no.
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
- Folio 49 3664.16
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Ink drawings British 18th century
- pen and ink ; and laid paper.
- Resource Type
- still image
- Subject (Name)
- Stone, Nicholas, bap. 1618-1647,
- Subject (Topic)
Stone, Nicholas, bap. 1618-1647
Artists > British
Architects > British > Portraits
British > 18th century
Walpole, Horace, 1717-1797 > Ownership
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- George Vertue, Nicholas Stone Junior Statuary and Architect. The Lewis Walpole Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)