The House of Commons [graphic]
Lewis Walpole Library > The House of Commons [graphic]
- The House of Commons [graphic]
- Cook, Thomas, approximately 1744-1818, printmaker
- Hogarth, William, 1697-1764, artist.
- Published / Created
- July 1st, 1809.
- Publication Place
- Published by Longman, Hurst, Rees, & Orme
Interior of the House of Commons; the Speaker Arthur Onslow seated to the left of centre, speaking with Sir Robert Walpole on his left; to his right seated with pen and ink and open book is Edward Stables, the Clerk of the House of Commons; other figures from the administration portrayed behind central figures, all wearing wigs and hats, including Sydney Godolphin, Sir Joseph Jekyl, Colonel Onslow, Sir James Thornhill, and Mr Aiskew; just visible to the left of the Speaker are Sir Thomas Cotton and Sir William Wyndham
Title engraved below image.
Text following title: First published in 1803, by Mr. E. Harding & copied by his permission.
- 1 print : plate mark 27.9 x 21 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been no.
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
- Hogarth 809.07.01.01 Box 140
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Engravings England London 1807
- engraving ;
- Subject (Geographic)
- Great Britain.
- Subject (Name)
Godolphin, Sidney Godolphin, Earl of, 1645-1712,
Jekyll, Joseph, Sir, 1663-1738,
Onslow, Arthur, 1691-1768,
Onslow, George Onslow, Earl of, 1731-1814,
Thornhill, James, Sir, 1675 or 1676-1734,
Walpole, Robert, Earl of Orford, 1676-1745,
Wyndham, William, 1687-1740,
Great Britain. Parliament. House of Commons,
- Subject (Topic)
Godolphin, Sidney Godolphin, Earl of, 1645-1712
Jekyll, Joseph, Sir, 1663-1738
Onslow, Arthur, 1691-1768
Onslow, George Onslow, Earl of, 1731-1814
Thornhill, James, Sir, 1675 or 1676-1734
Walpole, Robert, Earl of Orford, 1676-1745
Wyndham, William, 1687-1740
Great Britain. Parliament. House of Commons
Legislators > Great Britain
England > London > 1807
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)