A house in Twittenham Midlesex near the River Thames Un maison dans Twittenham Middlesex aproche le Rivier Thames / [graphic] =
Lewis Walpole Library > A house in Twittenham Midlesex near the River Thames Un maison dans Twittenham Middlesex aproche le Rivier Thames / [graphic] =
- A house in Twittenham Midlesex near the River Thames Un maison dans Twittenham Middlesex aproche le Rivier Thames / [graphic] =
- Alternative Title
- Maison dans Twittenham Middlesex aproche le Rivier Thames
- Hulsberg, Henry, -1729, printmaker
- Campbell, Colen, 1676-1729, artist.
- Published / Created
- [between 1715 and 1731]
- Publication Place
- publisher not identified
Two elevations and three floor plans of Marble Hill House, Twickenham. Design consists of five images in two rows, each with a caption in English and French etched below
Title from text between the two rows of images.
Date of publication based on that of volume in which the plate appears.
Plate from: Vitruvius Britannicus : or, The British architect ... / by Colen Campbell ... [London, 1715-1731].
"P. 93. Vol. 3d."--Upper left corner.
No. 24, "Marble Hill," on Edith McKeon Abbott's map: Horace Walpole's Twickenham 1747-1797, in v. 42 of the Yale Edition of Horace Walpole's Correspondence. New Haven: Yale University Press, 1980.
The Lewis Walpole Library: From the Topographical Prints collection.
With letterpress description of Marble Hill on separate sheet (23 x 23 cm).
- 1 print : plate mark 25.1 x 38 cm, on sheet 29.2 x 42 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been no.
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
- Topos M627 no. 15+
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Elevations England Middlesex
Floor plans England Middlesex
Etchings England London 1715
Engravings England London 1715
- etching and engraving ; and laid paper.
- Resource Type
- still image
- Subject (Geographic)
- Subject (Topic)
Houses > England > Middlesex
Middlesex (England) > Pictorial works
England > Middlesex
England > London > 1715
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)