Piers the Plowman.
- Piers the Plowman.
- Langland, William, 1330?-1400?
- Published / Created
- [ca. 1550]
- Publication Place
- Manuscript, on paper, in a single hand, of the text of the B version of Piers Plowman.
Autograph of Bolton? Wansell on last leaf.
Binding: parchment over pasteboards.
Formerly owned by Sion College (MS Arc. L.40 2/E). From the collection of Toshiyuki Takamiya, 2013-.
Laid in: Dr. Thompsons and Mr. Bassets Letters to Mr. Dodwell concerning the Essay for Catholick Peace. Manuscript on paper, 8 l., circa 1709.
Layout: single columns of roughly 40 lines.
Script: English secretary hand.
- 91 l. : paper ; 260 x 200 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
English, Middle (1100-1500)
- Call Number
- Takamiya MS 23
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Manuscripts, Medieval--England--16th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
Langland, William,--1330?-1400?--Piers Plowman--(B-text)
- Subject (Topic)
English literature--Middle English, 1100-1500.
English poetry--Middle English, 1100-1500.
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Narrative poetry, English (Middle)
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- A handlist of western Medieval manuscripts in the Takamiya collection / Toshiyuki Takamiya, in The Medieval book: glosses from friends & colleagues of Christopher de Hamel, ed. by Richard Linenthal, James Marrow and William Noel. 't Goy-Houten: Hes & De Graff, 2010, pp. 421-437. and William Langland, Piers the Plowman. Takamiya MS 23.
- Orbis Record