South English legendary.
Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library > South English legendary.
- South English legendary.
- Published / Created
- [ca. 1400-1450]
- Publication Place
Manuscript, on vellum, in two scribes' hands, of this collection of verse saints' lives.
Binding: eighteenth-century full calf.
Decoration: numerous initials in blue with red penwork.
Ex libris Thomas Weld. On deposit from the collection of Toshiyuki Takamiya, 2013-.
Layout: single columns of 42 and 39 lines, respectively.
Script: English cursive bookhand (two scribes).
Text is substantially complete, lacking two leaves at the beginning, one in the middle, and probably several at the end.
- ff. ii + 194 + ii : parchment ; 300 x 192 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
English, Middle (1100-1500)
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library
- Call Number
- Takamiya MS 54
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Manuscripts, Medieval--England--15th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Weld, Thomas--1750-1810--Bookplate.
- Subject (Topic)
English literature--Middle English, 1100-1500.
English poetry--Middle English, 1100-1500.
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- A handlist of western Medieval manuscripts in the Takamiya collection / Toshiyuki Takamiya, in The Medieval book: glosses from friends & colleagues of Christopher de Hamel, ed. by Richard Linenthal, James Marrow and William Noel. 't Goy-Houten: Hes & De G
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)