- Brut chronicle.
- Alternative Title
- Chronicles of England.
- Published / Created
- [ca. 1450]
- Publication Place
- Manuscript, on parchment, in a single hand, of the "Common Version" of the Brut Chronicle.
Binding: eighteenth-century quarter calf over marbled boards. Red leather spine tag, gilt: Albyon A Monkish History M. S.
Decoration: blue initials with red penwork.
Layout: single columns of 36 lines.
Previously owned by Sir William Ingilby; H. L. Bradfer-Lawrence. On deposit from the collection of Toshiyuki Takamiya, 2013-.
Script: English bookhand.
Several leaves missing at opening.
- ff. iii + 203 + iii : parchment ; 320 x 210 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
English, Middle (1100-1500)
- Call Number
- Takamiya MS 67
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Manuscripts, Medieval--England--15th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Topic)
Chronicles of England.
English literature--Middle English, 1100-1500.
English prose literature--Middle English, 1100-1500.
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- A handlist of western Medieval manuscripts in the Takamiya collection / Toshiyuki Takamiya, in The Medieval book: glosses from friends & colleagues of Christopher de Hamel, ed. by Richard Linenthal, James Marrow and William Noel. 't Goy-Houten: Hes & De Graff, 2010, pp. 421-437. and Brut Chronicle. Takamiya MS 67.
- Orbis Record