The wyse boke of fylosophy and astronomy.
- The wyse boke of fylosophy and astronomy.
- Published / Created
- [ca. 1500]
- Publication Place
- Manuscript, on paper, in a single hand, of a collection of astrological information and a treatise on the signs of the zodiac, including lists of activities appropriate for each sign, and descriptions of the characteristics of those born under the influence of different planets.
18 binder's blanks at end not digitized.
Binding: nineteenth-century half calf over marbled boards.
Decoration: some capitals and words rubricated.
Formerly owned by John Eglington Bailey; Robert B. Honeyman, Jr. On deposit from the collection of Toshiyuki Takamiya, 2013-.
Layout: single columns of 17-25 lines.
Script: English bookhand.
Tipped in: astrological chart, on paper, for the years 1646-1664.
- ff. ii + i + 30 + xix : paper ; 194 x 143 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
English, Middle (1100-1500)
- Call Number
- Takamiya MS 39
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Manuscripts, Medieval--England--15th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
Bailey, John Eglington,--1840-1888--Ownership.
Honeyman, Robert B.
- Subject (Topic)
Astrology--Early works to 1800.
English prose literature--Middle English, 1100-1500.
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- A handlist of western Medieval manuscripts in the Takamiya collection / Toshiyuki Takamiya, in The Medieval book: glosses from friends & colleagues of Christopher de Hamel, ed. by Richard Linenthal, James Marrow and William Noel. 't Goy-Houten: Hes & De Graff, 2010, pp. 421-437. and The wyse boke of fylosophy and astronomy. Takamiya MS 40.
- Orbis Record