Precedents and several other things contained in this booke : some pattents, funeralls, some coates.
- Precedents and several other things contained in this booke : some pattents, funeralls, some coates.
- Published / Created
- [ca. 1600-1649]
- Publication Place
- Manuscript, in several different hands, of a compilation of grants of arms, pedigrees registered by the College of Arms, rules of precedence and orders of ceremonies, and related documents. Thought to have been largely compiled by John Philipot, Somerset Herald of Arms (1589?-1645), the volume contains copies of documents originally created between 1563 and 1688.
Binding: contemporary limp parchment; remains of ties.
Contents preceded by "A Table of the Graunts of Armes contained in this booke" and "A Callender of what is contained in this Booke."
Formerly owned by Henry St. George; Phillipps MS 13762. On deposit from the collection of Toshiyuki Takamiya, 2013-.
Imperfect: wanting ff. 119, 162.
In English, with a small amount of Latin.
Printed bookseller's description pasted on inside front cover.
Title transcribed from front cover.
- ff. vii + 194 : paper ; 310 x 198 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Takamiya MS 48
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Coats of arms--Great Britain--17th century.
Manuscripts, Renaissance--England--17th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Geographic)
- Great Britain--Kings and rulers--Early works to 1800.
- Subject (Name)
College of Arms (Great Britain)--Early works to 1800.
St. George, Henry,--Sir,--1625-1715--Ownership.
- Subject (Topic)
Gentry--Great Britain--Early works to 1800.
Heraldry--Great Britain--Early works to 1800.
Manuscripts, Renaissance--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Nobility--Great Britain--Early works to 1800.
Precedence--Early works to 1800.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- A handlist of western Medieval manuscripts in the Takamiya collection / Toshiyuki Takamiya, in The Medieval book: glosses from friends & colleagues of Christopher de Hamel, ed. by Richard Linenthal, James Marrow and William Noel. 't Goy-Houten: Hes & De Graff, 2010, pp. 421-437. and Precedents and Several Other Things Contained in this Booke. Takamiya MS 48.
- Orbis Record