Ordinary of arms : Thomas Jenyns book.
- Ordinary of arms : Thomas Jenyns book.
- Published / Created
- [between 1500 and 1525]
- Publication Place
- Manuscript copy, on parchment, in several scribal hands, of this English ordinary of arms, containing approximately 1600 coats of arms in full color, with descriptive annotations. The manuscript also contains approximately 300 shields outlined but left blank. This manuscript is the oldest recorded copy of the Queen Margaret version of this text.
Autograph and notes by Sir Syndey Cockerell on front flyleaf; autograph of Brian S. Cron on front flyleaf.
Binding: contemporary binding of reversed white leather over wooden boards.
Contemporary foliation omits ff. 11-12, 78-79
Decoration: coats of arms in full color; some initials in red or blue.
Ex libris Sir Sydney Cockerell; ex libris Brian S. Cron.
Layout: coats of arms arranged in three rows of four on each page, with descriptive notes above each.
Script: cursive bookhand.
- ff ix + 96 + iii : parchment ; 336 x 255 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
French, Middle (ca.1400-1600)
- Call Number
- Takamiya MS 105
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Coats of arms--England--16th century.aat
Manuscripts, Medieval--England--16th century.
Manuscripts, Renaissance--England--16th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
Cockerell, Sydney Carlyle,--Sir,--1867-1962--Autograph.
Cron, B. S.--Autograph.
- Subject (Topic)
Heraldry--England--Early works to 1800.
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Manuscripts, Renaissance--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- A handlist of western Medieval manuscripts in the Takamiya collection / Toshiyuki Takamiya, in The Medieval book: glosses from friends & colleagues of Christopher de Hamel, ed. by Richard Linenthal, James Marrow and William Noel. 't Goy-Houten: Hes & De Graff, 2010, pp. 421-437. and Ordinary of Arms: Thomas Jenyns Book. Takamiya MS 105.
- Orbis Record