A country attorney and his clients Avocat de la campagne avec ses clients. [graphic] =
Lewis Walpole Library > A country attorney and his clients Avocat de la campagne avec ses clients. [graphic] =
- A country attorney and his clients Avocat de la campagne avec ses clients. [graphic] =
- Alternative Title
- Avocat de la campagne avec ses clients
- Bowles, Carington, 1724-1793 publisher.
- Published / Created
- published as the act directs, 2 March 1785.
- Publication Place
- Printed for & sold by Carington Bowles, No. 69 St. Paul's Church Yard, London
A lawyer wearing spectacles and with a feather pen in his mouth sits at a tall desk in his study while country bumkins solicit him with payment in dead animals and produce -- e.g., rabbits, fowl, and piglets. His clerk (behind him at the desk) smiles as he also writes with a feather pen. On the wall (right) hangs a map of Great Britain and above it on a bookshelves large folios with titles 'Strange reports' and 'Burn's justice'.
Title from text below image.
Title in English and French.
Sheet trimmed to plate mark.
Numbered "553" in lower left corner.
No. 30 in a bound in a collection of 69 prints with a manuscript title page: A collection of drolleries.
Bound in half red morocco with marbled paper boards and spine title "Facetious" in gold lettering.
- 1 print : sheet 35.0 x 24.8 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been no.
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
- Folio 75 C697 770
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)