We're all in the suds [graphic].
Lewis Walpole Library > We're all in the suds [graphic].
- We're all in the suds [graphic].
- Alternative Title
- We are all in the suds
- Published / Created
- [ca. 1793]
- Publication Place
- Printed for & sold by Bowles & Carver, No. 69 St. Paul's Church Yard, London
A three-quarter length view of a man in profile, looking left and holding a copy of the newspaper 'Gazette extraordinary' in his right hand and a shaving plate with a lump of soap and razor in his left hand. His features are highly caricatured
Title etched below image.
Design attributed to Dighton in Sotheby's catalog.
Plate numbered '381' in lower left of plate.
Not in the Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum. Division I, political and personal satires.
No. 12 in a bound in a collection of 69 prints with a manuscript title page: A collection of drolleries.
Bound in half red morocco with marbled paper boards and spine title "Facetious" in gold lettering.
1 print : mezzotint with etching on wove paper ; sheet 14.5 x 11.0 cm.
Sheet trimmed with loss of number "381".
- 1 print : plate mark 15 x 11.2 cm, on sheet 19 x 14 cm
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
- Folio 75 C697 770
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Satires (Visual works) England 1793
Mezzotints England London 1793
- mezzotint with etching ; and wove paper.
- Resource Type
- still image
- Subject (Topic)
England > 1793
England > London > 1793
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)