1519 dandies 1819 [graphic].
Lewis Walpole Library > 1519 dandies 1819 [graphic].
- 1519 dandies 1819 [graphic].
- Alternative Title
Heath, William, 1795-1840, attributed name.
Tegg, Thomas, 1776-1846, publisher.
- Published / Created
- [20 January 1819]
- Publication Place
- Pub. Jany. 20, 1819, by T. Tegg, 111 Cheapside
Two dandies from 1519 and 1819 stand full length in profile, contrasting the fashions of their respective time periods
Title etched below image.
Sometimes attributed to William Heath.
Plate numbered "328" in upper right corner.
Plate from: Woodward, G.M. Caricature magazine, or Hudibrastic mirror. London : Thomas Tegg, [1808?], v. 5.
Also issued separately.
Sheet trimmed within plate mark.
Not in the Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum. Division I, political and personal satires.
1 print : etching on wove paper, hand-colored ; plate mark 25.1 x 35 cm, on sheet 25.6 x 41.8 cm.
Leaf 29 in volume 5.
- 1 print : sheet 24.8 x 35.1 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been no.
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
- Folio 75 W87 807 v.5
- Collection Title
- V. 5. Caricature magazine, or, Hudibrastic mirror.
- Collection/Other Creator
- Woodward, G. M. (George Moutard), approximately 1760-1809.
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Satires (Visual works) England 1819
Etchings England London 1819
- etching ; and wove paper hand-colored.
- Resource Type
- still image
- Subject (Geographic)
- Great Britain
- Subject (Topic)
Clothing & dress
Clothing & dress > Great Britain > 1510-1520
Clothing & dress > Great Britain > 1810-1820
Dandies > British
England > 1819
England > London > 1819
Johnstone, Henry Arthur > Ownership
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)