Benedict 14th [art original].
Lewis Walpole Library > Benedict 14th [art original].
- Benedict 14th [art original].
- Alternative Title
- Benedict XIV
- Harding, G. P. (George Perfect), 1780-1853, artist
- Published / Created
- [not after 1797]
- Publication Place
Wash drawing depicting Pope Benedict XIV, in profile to the left, wearing clerical dress and cap
Title from pencil annotation below image in Horace Walpole's hand.
Unsigned; attribution to G.P. Harding from local catalog card.
Date of production based on Horace Walpole's death date.
Possibly drawn from a wax model kept by Horace Walpole in the Green Closet at Strawberry Hill.
Mounted on page 58 of Horace Walpole's extra-illustrated copy of his: A description of the villa of Mr. Horace Walpole. Strawberry Hill : Printed by Thomas Kirgate, 1784. See Hazen, A.T. Bibliography of the Strawberry Hill Press (1973 ed.), no. 30, copy 12.
- 1 drawing : circular image 10 cm, on sheet 12.4 x 13 cm
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
- Folio 49 3582 (Oversize)
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Wash drawings British 18th century
- gray wash ; and wove paper.
- Resource Type
- still image
- Subject (Name)
Benedict XIV, Pope, 1675-1758,
Strawberry Hill (Twickenham, London, England)
- Subject (Topic)
- Art collections
Benedict XIV, Pope, 1675-1758
Strawberry Hill (Twickenham, London, England) > Art collections
British > 18th century
Walpole, Horace, 1717-1797 > Ownership
Knight, William, -1847 > Ownership
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- G.P. Harding, Benedict 14th. The Lewis Walpole Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)