[Frontispiece to Elegy written in a country church yard] [graphic] / RB [monogram] ; C. Grignion sculp
Lewis Walpole Library > [Frontispiece to Elegy written in a country church yard] [graphic] / RB [monogram] ; C. Grignion sculp
- [Frontispiece to Elegy written in a country church yard] [graphic] / RB [monogram] ; C. Grignion sculp
- Grignion, Charles, 1721-1810, printmaker
- Bentley, R. 1708-1782, artist.
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- R. Dodsley
Title devised by curator.
Publication information from book in which this plate was published.
Plate from: Designs by Mr. R. Bentley for six poems by Mr. T. Gray. London : Printed for R. Dodsley, 1753.
Mounted on page 87 of Horace Walpole's extra-illustrated copy of his: A description of the villa of Mr. Horace Walpole. Strawberry Hill : Printed by Thomas Kirgate, 1784. See Hazen, A.T. Bibliography of the Strawberry Hill Press (1973 ed.), no. 30, copy 12.
1 print : etching and engraving on laid paper ; sheet 29.1 x 21.7 cm.
Sheet trimmed to plate mark.
- 1 print : plate mark 29.1 x 22 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been no.
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
- Folio 49 3582 (Oversize)
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Engravings England London 1753
Etchings England London 1753
- etching and engraving ;
- Resource Type
- still image
- Subject (Name)
- Gray, Thomas, 1716-1771.
Gray, Thomas, 1716-1771 > Illustrations
England > London > 1753
Bawtree, William, 1744-1824 > Ownership
Walpole, Horace, 1717-1797 > Ownership
Knight, William, -1847 > Ownership
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)