[Bronze vase with bas-reliefs of boys] [art original]
Lewis Walpole Library > [Bronze vase with bas-reliefs of boys] [art original]
- [Bronze vase with bas-reliefs of boys] [art original]
- Müntz, Jean-Henri, 1727-1798, artist
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
Drawing of a bronze vase, urn-shaped with a base and stem and handles, kept by Horace Walpole in the Tribune at Strawberry Hill. On the side of the vase is a scene in bas-relief, taken from an antique by Fiammingo, of five naked boys surrounding a long-haired calf(?). The vase was formerly part of the Harleian collection
Title devised by curator.
Artist's name written in brown ink by Horace Walpole in lower left corner of sheet.
Dated by Horace Walpole in brown ink in lower right corner of sheet.
Mounted on page 151 of Horace Walpole's extra-illustrated copy of his: A description of the villa of Mr. Horace Walpole. Strawberry Hill : Printed by Thomas Kirgate, 1784. See Hazen, A.T. Bibliography of the Strawberry Hill Press (1973 ed.), no. 30, copy 12.
- 1 drawing : image 24.7 x 19 cm, on sheet 25.7 x 20 cm
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
- Folio 49 3582 (Oversize)
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Ink drawings British 18th century
Watercolors British 18th century
- pen and ink and watercolor ; and laid paper.
- Resource Type
- still image
- Subject (Topic)
British > 18th century
Walpole, Horace, 1717-1797 > Ms. notes
Walpole, Horace, 1717-1797 > Ownership
Knight, William, -1847 > Ownership
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Jean-Henri Müntz, Bronze Vase with Bas-Reliefs of Boys. The Lewis Walpole Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)