Lucernae quatuor sepulchrales. Item, anuli duo aurei; atque inauris etiam muliebris ... [graphic]
Lewis Walpole Library > Lucernae quatuor sepulchrales. Item, anuli duo aurei; atque inauris etiam muliebris ... [graphic]
- Lucernae quatuor sepulchrales. Item, anuli duo aurei; atque inauris etiam muliebris ... [graphic]
- Mynde, James, 1702-1771, printmaker
Manby, Richard, -1769, publisher.
Cox, Henry Shute, publisher.
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- R. Manby and H.S. Cox
Four funerary lamps (numbered "I" to "IV"), two rings (each numbered "V"), and an earring (numbered "VI"). These original objects on which these images are based were part of the collection which Conyers Middleton acquired in Rome in 1723-4 and sold to Horace Walpole in 1744
Title from index on signature A of volume.
Publication information from that of the volume in which the plate appears.
Plate from: Middleton, C. Germana quaedam antiquitatis eruditae monumenta ... Londini : Apud R. Manby et H.S. Cox ..., 1745.
Sheet trimmed to plate mark.
"Ex aere" etched below image of large funerary lamp at top of plate.
"Tab. VIII"--Upper right corner.
Mounted on page 180 of Horace Walpole's extra-illustrated copy of his: A description of the villa of Mr. Horace Walpole. Strawberry Hill : Printed by Thomas Kirgate, 1784. See Hazen, A.T. Bibliography of the Strawberry Hill Press (1973 ed.), no. 30, copy 12.
- 1 print : sheet 25.7 x 22.1 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been no.
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
- Folio 49 3582 (Oversize)
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Etchings England London 1745
Engravings England London 1745
- etching and engraving ; and laid paper.
- Resource Type
- still image
- Subject (Name)
- Strawberry Hill (Twickenham, London, England)
- Subject (Topic)
Strawberry Hill (Twickenham, London, England)
England > London > 1745
Walpole, Horace, 1717-1797 > Ownership
Knight, William, -1847 > Ownership
Bull, Richard, 1725-1806 > Ownership
Curtis, Charles Constable, 1852-1936 > Ownership
Curtis, Edith Fanny Onslow, -1944 > Ownership
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)