Ground plan of the Chinese building for Holland House [art original].
Lewis Walpole Library > Ground plan of the Chinese building for Holland House [art original].
- Ground plan of the Chinese building for Holland House [art original].
- Bentley, R. (Richard), 1708-1782, artist
- Published / Created
- [not after 1760]
- Publication Place
One of three designs for a Chinese garden buildling; this one showing the floor plan. None of the designs were executed
Title inscribed below design.
Date based on creation date of album.
Formerly mounted on lower half of leaf 23 in an album assembled by Horace Walpole: Drawings and designs by Richd. Bentley ... [Strawberry Hill], [circa 1760].
- 1 drawing : sheet 15 x 16 cm
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
- Folio 49 3585 leaf 23b Box 2
- Collection Title
- Drawings and designs by Richd. Bentley ...
- Collection/Other Creator
- Walpole, Horace, 1717-1797.
- Collection Date
- [Strawberry Hill], [ca. 1760]
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Wash drawings British 18th century
Ink drawings British 18th century
- pen and ink with grey wash ; and laid paper.
- Resource Type
- still image
- Subject (Name)
- Holland, Henry Fox, Baron, 1705-1774.
- Subject (Topic)
- Floor plans
Holland, Henry Fox, Baron, 1705-1774
British > 18th century
Walpole, Horace, 1717-1797 > Ownership
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Richard Bentley, Ground Plan of the Chinese Building for Holland House. The Lewis Walpole Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)