[Earthen bottle with 'Sack 1647' painted on it] [art original].
Lewis Walpole Library > [Earthen bottle with 'Sack 1647' painted on it] [art original].
- [Earthen bottle with 'Sack 1647' painted on it] [art original].
- Harding, G. P. (George Perfect), 1780-1853, artist
- Published / Created
- [not after 1824]
- Publication Place
Drawing of a jug-like bottle with a handle that was owned by Horace Walpole at Strawberry Hill. This type of bottle was sold by apothecaries, and this particular example was from the collection of Mrs. Kennon, the virtuosa midwife
Title devised by curator.
Unsigned; questionable attribution to George Perfect Harding from local card catalog record.
Date based on date of William Bawtree's death.
Mounted on page 31 of William Bawtree's extra-illustrated copy of: Horace Walpole's A description of the villa of Mr. Horace Walpole (Strawberry Hill : Printed by Thomas Kirgate, 1784). See A.T. Hazen's Bibliography of the Strawberry Hill Press (1973 ed.), no. 30, copy 11.
- 1 drawing : sheet 13.1 x 13 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been no.
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
- Folio 33 30 Copy 4
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Ink drawings British 19th century
Watercolors British 19th century
- pen and ink and watercolor ; and wove paper.
- Resource Type
- still image
- Subject (Name)
- Strawberry Hill (Twickenham, London, England)
- Subject (Topic)
Strawberry Hill (Twickenham, London, England)
British > 19th century
Bawtree, William, 1744-1824 > Ownership
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- G.P. Harding, Earthen Bottle with 'Sack 1647' Painted on It. The Lewis Walpole Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)