Mary Lepelle Lady Hervey [art original].
Lewis Walpole Library > Mary Lepelle Lady Hervey [art original].
- Mary Lepelle Lady Hervey [art original].
- Harding, G. P. (George Perfect), 1780-1853, artist
- Published / Created
- [not after 1824]
- Publication Place
Portrait of Lady Mary Hervey of Ickworth; three-quarter length, standing, face to the left; arms crossed together; wearing hood; after a miniature in the collection of Strawberry Hill
Title written in ink in open letters below image.
Unsigned; questionable attribution to George Perfect Harding from local card catalog record.
Date based on date of William Bawtree's death.
Mounted on page 200 of William Bawtree's extra-illustrated copy of: Horace Walpole's A description of the villa of Mr. Horace Walpole (Strawberry Hill : Printed by Thomas Kirgate, 1784). See A.T. Hazen's Bibliography of the Strawberry Hill Press (1973 ed.), no. 30, copy 11.
- 1 drawing : oval image 13 x 11 cm, on sheet 16.1 x 14 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been no.
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
- Folio 33 30 Copy 4
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Wash drawings British 19th century
- gray wash ; and wove paper.
- Resource Type
- still image
- Subject (Name)
Hervey, Mary Hervey, Baroness, 1699 or 1700-1768,
Strawberry Hill (Twickenham, London, England)
- Subject (Topic)
- Art collections
Hervey, Mary Hervey, Baroness, 1699 or 1700-1768
Strawberry Hill (Twickenham, London, England) > Art collections
British > 19th century
Bawtree, William, 1744-1824 > Ownership
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- G.P. Harding, Mary Lepelle Lady Hervey. The Lewis Walpole Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)