The painter's family [graphic]
Lewis Walpole Library > The painter's family [graphic]
- The painter's family [graphic]
- Dixon, B., Jr. , printmaker
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- publisher not identified
A family seated around a table, with a couple on one side, a child in the middle, and the third woman drinking from a large bowl. On the table is a lit candels, drinking glasses, paper and pipes. On the walls hang pictures.
Title etched below image.
Dated by curator.
Verse etched below image in two columns on either side of title, three lines each: See here the various scenes of human life, A debauched husband and a drunken wife, One stupid, faithless, haughty when reprov'd, Loved by her husband, her gallant she lov'd, The husband tho' fortune frown tho' wife desert, Finds a sprightly dame that reviv's his heart.
Sheet trimmed around image into plate mark.
Not in the Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum. Division I, political and personal satires.
On page 71 in volume 1.
- 1 print : sheet 23.3 x 22 cm
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
- Folio 75 H67 800 v.1 (Oversize)
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Satires (Visual works) England 1740
Etchings England London 1740
- etching ;
- Subject (Topic)
England > 1740
England > London > 1740
Steevens, George, 1736-1800 > Ownership
Perrins, Charles William Dyson, 1864-1958 > Ownership
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)