[Mask and palette] [graphic] / Wm. Hogarth invt. ; R.L. fec
Lewis Walpole Library > [Mask and palette] [graphic] / Wm. Hogarth invt. ; R.L. fec
- [Mask and palette] [graphic] / Wm. Hogarth invt. ; R.L. fec
- Alternative Title
- Bearer hereof is intitled to [blank]
- Livesay, Richard, -1823?, printmaker
- Hogarth, William, 1697-1764, artist.
- Published / Created
- May 10, 1781.
- Publication Place
- Published as the act directs by Rd. Livesay
A copy of Hogarth's print for the subscription ticket for "Garrick in the Character of Richard III" with an image of a rolled manuscript, a laurel wreath, palette and mask suspended from a rope or piece of drapery
Title assigned by Paulson for original Hogarth print.
Printmaker, publisher, and date from later state.
Copy of: Paulson, R. Hogarth's graphic works (3rd ed.), no. 164.
Ms. note in pencil in Steevens's hand at top of page: See Mr. Nichols's book, 3d edit, p. 28.
On page 122 in volume 2.
- 1 print : plate mark 12.1 x 12 cm, on sheet 13.4 x 14 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been no.
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
- Folio 75 H67 800 v.2 (Oversize)
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Annotations (Provenance) 18th century
Etchings England London 1781
- etching ; and wove paper.
- Resource Type
- still image
England > London > 1781
Hogarth, William, 1697-1764 > Autograph
Hogarth, William, 1697-1764 > Ms. notes
Steevens, George, 1736-1800 > Ownership
Perrins, Charles William Dyson, 1864-1958 > Ownership
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)