[Colonel Barré] [graphic]
Lewis Walpole Library > [Colonel Barré] [graphic]
- [Colonel Barré] [graphic]
- Sayers, James, 1748-1823, printmaker
- Published / Created
- [17 June 1782]
- Publication Place
- Published 17th June 1782 by C. Bretherton
Full length portrait of Isaac Barré, facing viewer, a hat in his right hand, his left hand in waistcoat
Title from British Museum catalogue.
Signed with the monogram of James Sayers.
Plate numbered "XII" in upper left corner.
Mounted on page 7 with three other prints.
- 1 print : plate mark 17.6 x 11.1 cm, on sheet 24 x 17 cm
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
- Folio 75 Sa85 782 (Oversize)
- Collection Title
- Leaf 5. Folio album of 144 caricatures.
- Collection/Other Creator
- Sayers, James, 1748-1823.
- Collection Date
- [London], [between 1782 and 1810]
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Caricatures and cartoons
Drypoints England London 1782
Etchings England London 1782
- etching with drypoint ;
- Resource Type
- still image
- Subject (Geographic)
- Subject (Name)
- Barré, Isaac, 1726-1802
- Subject (Topic)
Clothing & dress
Barré, Isaac, 1726-1802 > Caricatures and cartoons
Clothing & dress > England > 1780-1790
Politicians > England
England > London > 1782
Eldon, John Scott, Earl of, 1751-1838 > Ownership
Sayers, James, 1748-1823 > Ownership
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)