A transfer of East India stock [graphic]
Lewis Walpole Library > A transfer of East India stock [graphic]
- A transfer of East India stock [graphic]
- Sayers, James, 1748-1823, printmaker
- Cornell, Thos., active 1780-1792, publisher.
- Published / Created
- [25 November 1783]
- Publication Place
- Published 25th Novr. 1783 by Thomas Cornell, Bruton Street
The complacently smiling Charles Fox walks across a cobblestone street towards an arched gateway resembling the entrance to the St. James's Palace, carrying the East India House on his shoulders. A note stuck in his pocket and two other ones that he walks on, as well as the papers falling out of the house, refer to the first of his East India bills that met with violent opposition
Title etched below image.
Signed with the monogram of James Sayers.
Mounted on page 33 with one other print.
- 1 print : plate mark 30 x 22.4 cm, on sheet 38 x 28 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been no.
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
- Folio 75 Sa85 782 (Oversize)
- Collection Title
- Leaf 20. Folio album of 144 caricatures.
- Collection/Other Creator
- Sayers, James, 1748-1823.
- Collection Date
- [London], [between 1782 and 1810]
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Caricatures and cartoons
Satires (Visual works) England 1783
Etchings England London 1783
- etching with stipple ;
- Resource Type
- still image
- Subject (Geographic)
- Great Britain
- Subject (Name)
Fox, Charles James, 1749-1806
East India Company
- Subject (Topic)
Politics and government
Fox, Charles James, 1749-1806 > Caricatures and cartoons
East India Company > Management
Great Britain > Politics and government > 1760-1789
England > 1783
England > London > 1783
Eldon, John Scott, Earl of, 1751-1838 > Ownership
Sayers, James, 1748-1823 > Ownership
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)