[Orpheus and Eurydice in the underworld] [graphic].
Lewis Walpole Library > [Orpheus and Eurydice in the underworld] [graphic].
- [Orpheus and Eurydice in the underworld] [graphic].
- Alternative Title
- For the benefit of Mr. Giardini, a concert of vocal & instrumental musick
- Bartolozzi, Francesco, 1727-1815, printmaker
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- publisher not identified
"Orpheus and Eurydice walking in the underworld; on the right, three dogs; on the left, a putto holding a torch and a banner; in an oval frame with palm leaves; copy after bill-head by Bartolozzi who etched after Cipriani in 1767."--British Museum online catalogue
Title supplied by cataloger.
Date from British Museum online catalogue, Cf. museum registration no. 1868,0822.1262.
Reverse copy with cartouche added at the bottom of oval. Cf. Lewis Walpole Copy: no. 5 in Folio 75 B28 799.
Added title from later impression with caption in banner, Cf. Lewis Walpole Copy on page numbered 5 in Folio 75 B28 804.
Sheet trimmed within plate mark.
On page numbered 5 in an album of 116 prints: [Bartolozzi and his pupils].
1 print : engraving on wove paper ; sheet 8.8 x 11.0 cm.
Sheet trimmed to plate mark.
- 1 print : sheet 11.7 x 17 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been no.
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
- Folio 75 B28 804
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)