The Long Room, Custom House [graphic]
Lewis Walpole Library > The Long Room, Custom House [graphic]
- The Long Room, Custom House [graphic]
- Rowlandson, Thomas, 1756-1827, printmaker
Pugin, Augustus, 1762-1832, artist.
Stadler, Joseph Constantine, printmaker.
Ackermann, Rudolph, 1764-1834, publisher.
- Published / Created
- [1 July 1808]
- Publication Place
- Pubd. 1st July 1808 at R. Ackermanns Repository of Arts, 101 Strand
"Interior of the room; men doing business at desks along the right side of the room; the the central space crowded with a variety of men from around the world, a woman selling goods from a basket walks among them."--British Museum online catalogue
Title etched below image.
Plate numbered in upper right, above image: Plate 28.
Plate from: Microcosm of London. London : R. Ackermann's Repository of Arts, No. 101 Strand, [1808-1810?], v. 1, opposite page 218.
- 1 print : plate mark 23.1 x 28 cm, on sheet 26.5 x 34 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been no.
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
- Quarto 646 808 M58 v.1
- Collection Title
- V. 1 Microcosm of London.
- Collection Date
- [London] : R. Ackermann's repository of arts, no. 101 Strand, [1808-10]
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Aquatints England London 1808
Etchings England London 1808
- aquatint and etching ; and wove paper hand-colored.
- Resource Type
- still image
- Subject (Geographic)
- Subject (Topic)
London (England) > Pictorial works
Customhouses > England > London
Interiors > England > London
Crowds > England > London
England > London > 1808
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)