Workhouse, St. James's Parish [graphic]
Lewis Walpole Library > Workhouse, St. James's Parish [graphic]
- Workhouse, St. James's Parish [graphic]
- Rowlandson, Thomas, 1756-1827, printmaker
Pugin, Augustus, 1762-1832, artist.
Sutherland, Thomas, approximately 1785-approximately 1825, printmaker.
Ackermann, Rudolph, 1764-1834, publisher.
- Published / Created
- [1 December 1809]
- Publication Place
- Pub. Decr. 1st, 1809, at R. Ackermann's Repository of Arts, 101 Strand
"Interior view of the women's common room of the workhouse, situated on Poland Street; slim columns supporting ceiling; women sit on benches at tables."--British Museum online catalogue
Title etched below image.
Plate numbered in upper right, above image: Plate 96.
Plate from: Microcosm of London. London : R. Ackermann's Repository of Arts, No. 101 Strand, [1808-1810?], v. 3, opposite page 242.
Watermark: J. Whatman 1808.
- 1 print : plate mark 23.7 x 28 cm, on sheet 27 x 34 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been no.
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
- Quarto 646 808 M58 v.3
- Collection Title
- V. 3 Microcosm of London.
- Collection Date
- [London] : R. Ackermann's repository of arts, no. 101 Strand, [1808-10]
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Aquatints England London 1809
Etchings England London 1809
Watermarks (Paper) J. Whatman 1808
- aquatint and etching ; and wove paper hand-colored.
- Resource Type
- still image
- Subject (Geographic)
- Subject (Name)
- Saint James (Westminster, London, England : Parish)
- Subject (Topic)
Saint James (Westminster, London, England : Parish)
London (England) > Pictorial works
Interiors > England > London
Almshouses > England > London
England > London > 1809
J. Whatman > 1808
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)