- Frances Grant
- Publication Place
- New York
- Frances Grant was the first African-American woman admitted to Phi Beta Kappa. She taught at the Bordentown and Fieldston Schools in New Jersey and New York.
- 1 photographic print ; 22.8 x 17.2 cm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- JWJ MSS 76
- Collection Title
- Photographs of prominent African Americans.
- Collection Note
- Series I. Photographs of Blacks Collected Chiefly by James Weldon Johnson and Carl Van Vechten. Individuals
- Container / Volume Information
- 4 (Oversize) | Folder 55
- Finding Aid
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Photographs of Prominent African Americans. James Weldon Johnson Collection in the Yale Collection of American Literature, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library.
- Orbis Record