[A Turkish lady] [art original].
Lewis Walpole Library > [A Turkish lady] [art original].
- [A Turkish lady] [art original].
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
A full-length portrait of a Turkish lady wearing robes and a headdress. Her clothing is depicted using a tiny pinprick design that pierces entirely through the paper. A secondary sheet with attached gold foil appliqué is positioned beneath the pinprick design to allow the gold to shine through the pinpricks imparting an appearance of gold flecked clothing
Title devised by cataloger.
Place and date of publication from unverified data in local card catalog record.
For further information, consult library staff.
- 1 drawing on 2 sheets : sheets 27 x 20 cm
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
- Drawings Un58 no. 34 Box D160
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Watercolors British 19th century
- watercolor ;, laid paper dark opaque watercolor and pinprick design top sheet., and laid paper gold foil appliqué bottom sheet.
- Resource Type
- still image
- Subject (Geographic)
- Subject (Topic)
Women > Turkey
British > 19th century
Access And Usage Rights
- These images are provided for study purposes only. For publication or other use of images from the Library's collection, please contact the Lewis Walpole Library at firstname.lastname@example.org. Further details on the Library's photoduplication policy are available at http://www.library.yale.edu/walpole/html/research/rights_reproductions.html
- A Turkish Lady. The Lewis Walpole Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)