[Portrait of General Henry Seymour Conway] [art original].
Lewis Walpole Library > [Portrait of General Henry Seymour Conway] [art original].
- [Portrait of General Henry Seymour Conway] [art original].
- Barrett, Ranelagh, -1768, artist
- Published / Created
- [not after 1768]
- Publication Place
Standing three-quarter portrait of General Henry Seymour Conway shown in three-quarter view. Conway wears a military breast plate and sword under his red coat indicating his military and political activities. He holds an indecipherable letter in his left hand. His right hand rests on the table on which lies a manuscript copy of the Free Porta Bill that open West Indian trade to Boston merchants and a copy of the bill for the repeal of the Stamp Act. A globe displays the western hemisphere representing Conway’s imperial activities in North America
Title from 2005 Christie's appraisal.
This painting is a copy after a lost original by portrait likely by Sir Joshua Reynolds or Thomas Gainsborough.
- 1 painting : 55.5 x 45.5 in., framed to 63.25 x 53.25 in.
No linguistic content
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
- LWL Ptg. 129 Framed, shelved in UFS Rack 2B
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Oil paintings (visual works)
- oil on canvas ;
- Resource Type
- still image
- Subject (Name)
- Conway, Henry Seymour, 1721-1795,
- Conway, Henry Seymour, 1721-1795
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Barrett Ranelagh. Portrait of General Henry Seymour Conway. The Lewis Walpole Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)