Alphabet of different nations : for teaching children to read.
- Alphabet of different nations : for teaching children to read.
- Published / Created
- [between 1830 and 1842]
- Publication Place
- Hartford :
- Published by D.W. Kellogg & Co.,
Cover oriented horizontally; contents oriented vertically.
Hand-colored lithographs showing persons in national costumes, one for each letter of the alphabet.
Imperfect: back cover wanting; some leaves stitched together. Hand-colored illustrations.
Sheet made of six sheets glued together horizontally and folded, accordion-style, to make 26 leaves; verso of leaf 1affixed to p.  of cover.
The firm of D.W. Kellogg & Co. was in business from 1830 to 1842.
Title from printed label pasted to cover.
- 1 sheet ( leaves) : ill. ; 15 x 204 cm., folded to 15 x 9 cm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Shirley 4898
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Accordion fold format (Binding).
- Resource Type
- Books, Journals & Pamphlets
- Subject (Name)
- D.W. Kellogg & Co., publisher.
- Subject (Topic)
- Clothing and dress--Juvenile literature.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record