Scale of perfection.
- Scale of perfection.
- Hilton, Walter, -1396.
- Published / Created
- [ca. 1400-1425]
- Publication Place
- Manuscript, on parchment, in a single hand, of the complete text of Hilton's Scale of Perfection. Volume also contains the complete text of Hilton's brief tract, Of angels' song.
Binding: contemporary white tawed leather over wooden boards; remains of hardware. Modern case.
Decoration: blue initials with red penwork.
From the collections of Luttrell Wynne; John Price; and Samuel Courthope Bosanquet. From the collection of Toshiyuki Takamiya, 2013-.
Layout: single columns of approximately 30 lines.
Ownership inscription of John Price on recto of front flyleaf.
Ownership inscription of Samuel Courthope Bosanquet on recto of second front flyleaf.
Script: English bookhand.
- 174 l. : parchment ; 172 x 146 mm
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
English, Middle (1100-1500)
- Call Number
- Takamiya MS 3
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Manuscripts, Medieval--England--15th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Subject (Topic)
Devotional literature, English (Middle)
English literature--Middle English, 1100-1500.
English prose literature--Middle English, 1100-1500.
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Mysticism--Early works to 1800.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- A handlist of western Medieval manuscripts in the Takamiya collection / Toshiyuki Takamiya, in The Medieval book: glosses from friends & colleagues of Christopher de Hamel, ed. by Richard Linenthal, James Marrow and William Noel. 't Goy-Houten: Hes & De Graff, 2010, pp. 421-437. and Walter Hilton, The Scale of Perfection. Takamiya MS 3.
- Orbis Record