The master of game.
- The master of game.
- Edward, of Norwich, 1373?-1415.
- Published / Created
- [ca. 1425-1475]
- Publication Place
- Manuscript, on vellum, in a single hand, of the treatise on hunting by Edward Plantagenet, second Duke of York.
Binding: nineteenth-century full blind-tooled diced russia.
Decoration: full illuminated border on f. 1, with small illuminated initials at chapter openings (six of these have been cut away).
Layout: single columns of 34 lines.
Ownership inscription of Sir Gregory Page-Turner on f. 1.
Presentation inscription from John Shirley to Richard Halsham follows the text.
Previously owned by John Shirley; Richard Halsham; Sir Gregory Page-Turner. Phillipps MS 10364. Ex libris William H. Robinson, Ltd. From the collection of Toshiyuki Takamiya, 2013-.
Script: English bookhand.
Some leaves damaged with loss of text.
- 47 l. : parchment ; 275 x 187 mm
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
English, Middle (1100-1500)
- Call Number
- Takamiya MS 16
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Manuscripts, Medieval--England--15th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
Gaston III Phœbus, Count of Foix, 1331-1391. Phébus, des déduiz de la chasse.
Halsham, Richard--Presentation inscription from J. Shirley.
Shirley, John,--1366?-1456--Presentation inscription to R. Halsham.
William H. Robinson, Ltd. Bookplate.
- Subject (Topic)
English literature--Middle English, 1100-1500.
English prose literature--Middle English, 1100-1500.
Hunting--Early works to 1800.
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- A handlist of western Medieval manuscripts in the Takamiya collection / Toshiyuki Takamiya, in The Medieval book: glosses from friends & colleagues of Christopher de Hamel, ed. by Richard Linenthal, James Marrow and William Noel. 't Goy-Houten: Hes & De Graff, 2010, pp. 421-437. and Edward, of Norwich. The Master of Game. Takamiya MS 16.
- Orbis Record