- Brut Chronicle.
- Alternative Title
- Chronicles of England.
- Published / Created
- [ca. 1450]
- Publication Place
- Manuscript, on paper, in a single hand, of a version of the Brut Chronicle.
Binding: nineteenth-century full brown morocco.
Bound with: 2 l. of parchment, fragment in Latin, repaired, with annotations.
Ex libris Tollemache family, Helmingham Hall, Suffolk (M.S. L.J.I.12). From the collection of Toshiyuki Takamiya, 2013-.
Layout: single columns.
Script: English cursive bookhand.
- 71 l. : paper ; 295 x 215 mm
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
English, Middle (1100-1500)
- Call Number
- Takamiya MS 18
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Manuscripts, Medieval--England--15th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Topic)
Chronicles of England.
English literature--Middle English, 1100-1500.
English prose literature--Middle English, 1100-1500.
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscript Fragments in Beinecke Library.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- A handlist of western Medieval manuscripts in the Takamiya collection / Toshiyuki Takamiya, in The Medieval book: glosses from friends & colleagues of Christopher de Hamel, ed. by Richard Linenthal, James Marrow and William Noel. 't Goy-Houten: Hes & De Graff, 2010, pp. 421-437. and Brut Chronicle. Takamiya MS 18.
- Orbis Record