The master of game.
- The master of game.
- Edward, of Norwich, 1373?-1415.
- Published / Created
- [ca. 1400-1425]
- Publication Place
- Manuscript, on vellum, in a single hand, of chapters 5-20 of the treatise on hunting by Edward Plantagenet, Duke of York.
Binding: modern full polished calf; red morocco case.
Decoration: some initials in blue ink with red penwork.
Ex libris Sir John Cope; C. F. G. R. Schwerdt; Boies Penrose. From the collection of Toshiyuki Takamiya, 2013-.
Layout: single columns of 26 lines.
Modern pencil foliation employed. Ff. 1 mutilated with some loss of text.
Notes on the contents and provenance of the manuscript on front pastedown and flyleaf in a modern hand.
Script: English bookhand.
- ff. ii + 39 + ii : parchment ; 220 x 145 mm
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
English, Middle (1100-1500)
- Call Number
- Takamiya MS 19
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Manuscripts, Medieval--England--15th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
Schwerdt, C. F. G. R.--(Charles Francis George Richard),--1862-1939--Bookplate.
- Subject (Topic)
English literature--Middle English, 1100-1500.
English prose literature--Middle English, 1100-1500.
Hunting--Early works to 1800.
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- A handlist of western Medieval manuscripts in the Takamiya collection / Toshiyuki Takamiya, in The Medieval book: glosses from friends & colleagues of Christopher de Hamel, ed. by Richard Linenthal, James Marrow and William Noel. 't Goy-Houten: Hes & De Graff, 2010, pp. 421-437. and Edward of Norwich, The Master of Game. Takamiya MS 19.
- Orbis Record