Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library > Canterbury tales.
- Canterbury tales.
- Chaucer, Geoffrey, -1400.
- Published / Created
- [ca. 1460-1490]
- Publication Place
Manuscript, on parchment, in a single hand, containing four of the Canterbury tales: the Clerk's tale; the Wife of Bath's tale; the Friar's tale; and the Summoner's tale.
Annotated on f. 78 with the names "William Cooke" and "Morris Barckley."
Binding: eighteenth-century full paneled calf, gilt.
Byname: Sion College Chaucer.
Decoration: six initials in red.
From the collections of Henry R. Grissil; William Cooke; Sir Maurice Berkeley. Ex libris Sion College Library. From the collection of Toshiyuki Takamiya, 2013-.
Layout: single columns of 24 lines.
Library stamp: Sion College.
Script: English bookhand.
- 79 l. : parchment ; 215 x 160 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
English, Middle (1100-1500)
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library
- Call Number
- Takamiya MS 22
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Manuscripts, Medieval--England--15th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Geographic)
- English poetry--Middle English, 1100-1500.
- Subject (Name)
Sion College. Library Stamp.
- Subject (Topic)
English literature--Middle English, 1100-1500.
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
A handlist of western Medieval manuscripts in the Takamiya collection / Toshiyuki Takamiya, in The Medieval book: glosses from friends & colleagues of Christopher de Hamel, ed. by Richard Linenthal, James Marrow and William Noel. 't Goy-Houten: Hes & De Graff, 2010, pp. 421-437.
Geoffrey Chaucer, Canterbury Tales. Takamiya MS 22.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)