The Fall of princes.
- The Fall of princes.
- Lydgate, John, 1370?-1451?
- Published / Created
- [ca. 1450]
- Publication Place
- Manuscript, on vellum, in a single hand, of portions of Books I, VII, and VIII of this long narrative poem.
Binding: modern wrappers; modern case.
Decoration: illuminated initial on f. 1; numerous penwork initials.
Formerly owned by John Hayword; John Du Pont. From the collection of Toshiyuki Takamiya, 2013-.
Layout: double columns of 98 lines.
Script: English bookhand.
- 10 l. : parchment ; 457 x 324 mm
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
English, Middle (1100-1500)
- Call Number
- Takamiya MS 30
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Manuscripts, Medieval--England--15th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Lydgate, John,--1370?-1451?
- Subject (Topic)
English literature--Middle English, 1100-1500.
English poetry--Middle English, 1100-1500.
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Narrative poetry, English (Middle)
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- A handlist of western Medieval manuscripts in the Takamiya collection / Toshiyuki Takamiya, in The Medieval book: glosses from friends & colleagues of Christopher de Hamel, ed. by Richard Linenthal, James Marrow and William Noel. 't Goy-Houten: Hes & De Graff, 2010, pp. 421-437. and John Lydgate, The Fall of Princes. Takamiya MS 30.
- Orbis Record