Wycliffite New testament.
- Wycliffite New testament.
- Published / Created
- [ca. 1400]
- Publication Place
- Manuscript, on vellum, in a single hand, of a copy of the text of the "Late Version" of the Wycliffite New Testament, commonly attributed to John Purvey. The text begins at Matthew 4:14 but is otherwise complete. The volume concludes with a 12 page index of readings according to the liturgical calendar and the opening stanzas of the Gospels of Matthew, Mark, and Luke in Latin.
Binding: contemporary white doeskin over wooden boards.
Decoration: initials in red and blue penwork.
Ex libris Earl of Egremont; Boies Penrose; Boies Penrose II. From the collection of Toshiyuki Takamiya, 2013-.
Layout: double columns of 57-60 lines.
Script: English bookhand.
- Ff. 97 + iii : parchment ; 300 x 200 mm
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
English, Middle (1100-1500)
- Call Number
- Takamiya MS 31
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Manuscripts, Medieval--England--15th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
Egremont, George O'Brien Wyndham,--Earl of,--1751-1837--Bookplate.
Purvey, John, 1353?-1428?
- Subject (Topic)
Bible.--English (Middle English)--Versions--Wycliffe.
English prose literature--Middle English, 1100-1500.
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- A handlist of western Medieval manuscripts in the Takamiya collection / Toshiyuki Takamiya, in The Medieval book: glosses from friends & colleagues of Christopher de Hamel, ed. by Richard Linenthal, James Marrow and William Noel. 't Goy-Houten: Hes & De Graff, 2010, pp. 421-437. and Wycliffite New Testament. Takamiya MS 31.
- Orbis Record