Statutes of England from 1 Edward III to 4 Henry VI.
- Statutes of England from 1 Edward III to 4 Henry VI.
- Published / Created
- [ca. 1427]
- Publication Place
- Manuscript, on parchment, in multiple hands, of a complete set of the statutes of England from 1327 to 1427. In Law French with Latin headings.
Binding: early flexible binding, designed to accomodate further additions of leaves, with stiff leather covers stitched on with leather thongs; original bands and sewing visible. "Edw. Bennett" cut into upper cover in a later hand.
Decoration: blue initials with red penwork.
Foliation provided by cataloger.
Formerly owned by William Elwys; Edward Bennett; T. Butler; Colin Franklin. From the collection of Toshiyuki Takamiya, 2013-.
Layout: single columns of 30-36 lines.
Numerous contemporary marginal annotations in a number of hands.
Ownership inscription: "T. Butler 1759" on first leaf (1r).
Ownership inscription: "Wilelmo Elwys" on first leaf (1r) and final leaf (269v).
Script: several secretary scripts.
- ff.  : parchment ; 236 x 175 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
French, Middle (ca.1400-1600)
- Call Number
- Takamiya MS 41
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Manuscripts, Medieval--England--15th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Subject (Topic)
Feudal law--England--Early works to 1800.
Law--England--Early works to 1800.
Law--Great Britain--Early works to 1800.
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- A handlist of western Medieval manuscripts in the Takamiya collection / Toshiyuki Takamiya, in The Medieval book: glosses from friends & colleagues of Christopher de Hamel, ed. by Richard Linenthal, James Marrow and William Noel. 't Goy-Houten: Hes & De Graff, 2010, pp. 421-437. and Statutes of England. Takamiya MS 41.
- Orbis Record