Medical and alchemical miscellany.
- Medical and alchemical miscellany.
- Published / Created
- [ca. 1450-1475]
- Publication Place
- Manuscript, on paper, in several cursive hands, containing a variety of alchemical, medical, and other "scientific" texts in Latin, Middle English, and Anglo-Norman French. Contents include two Middle English poems, one on the four temperments, and the other the alchemical Secrets of the philosophers, attributed to George Ripley. Other contents include a dialogue between Dives and Lazarus; a copy of the Computus manualis; verious medical and alchemical recipes and formulae; and a treatise on snakeskin.
Binding: contemporary limp vellum.
From the collection of Toshiyuki Takamiya, 2013-.
- 83 l. : paper ; 200 x 150 mm
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
English, Middle (1100-1500)
French, Middle (ca.1400-1600)
- Call Number
- Takamiya MS 61
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Manuscripts, Medieval--England--15th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Topic)
Alchemy--Early works to 1800.
English literature--Middle English, 1100-1500.
English poetry--Middle English, 1100-1500.
English prose literature--Middle English, 1100-1500.
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medicine--Early works to 1800.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Science--Early works to 1800.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- A handlist of western Medieval manuscripts in the Takamiya collection / Toshiyuki Takamiya, in The Medieval book: glosses from friends & colleagues of Christopher de Hamel, ed. by Richard Linenthal, James Marrow and William Noel. 't Goy-Houten: Hes & De Graff, 2010, pp. 421-437. and Medical and Alchemical Miscellany. Takamiya MS 61.
- Orbis Record